December was such a crazy month, I honestly don’t remember most of it. I’m having a hard time remembering my favorites because it felt like so long ago, and also because I got a few Christmas gifts that will be making my list of favorites for next month. Between Christmas shopping, getting ready for the holidays, not having my kids home for the weekdays because of winter break and having a few days off of work, the whole month was so a weird mix of crazy, hectic, relaxed, fun, and boring. I did manage to remember a few favorites that made the month go by so much better. Here are my favorites for December.
* I got a new Kindle, which I think has done wonders for my reading progress. I spent most of 2017 ina horrible slump which mostly had to do with my mood. But it also didn’t help matters that my old Kindle (the Fire edition) was super distracting with all the apps, the annoying reflection and the sucky battery life. It was too big and heavy to carry in my purse so I spent most of the year with my Kindle either lost or with a dead battery when I did feel like reading. This one is so nice because the battery life is amazing, no reflection or distracting apps and it’s so light I can throw it in my purse. I’ve been reading a lot more since I got this Kindle.
*NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette: I’m such a sucker for good quality eyeshadow palettes and this makes my top 3 list. I love the neutral colors, how you can create a simple or dramatic or every day look with this palette and how pigmented and easy to blend it is. I use this one almost every day lately.
* Apple Watch: I bought my boyfriend an Apple Watch for his birthday last October and I was so jealous of it that I decided to get one for myself. As you probably know, I love to workout so this is a great way to keep track of my workouts. It’s so nice to be able to control things from my watch and read messages without my phone. This item is totally unnecessary, but I don’t care, I love it.
* Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker: Guys, I’m obsessed with this tea maker! I love making herbal teas since I don’t drink sodas, coffee or juices but I only like drinking them cold. I used to make make my tea in pots before by boiling water, letting the tea steep for a while and pouring it in bottles for the next day. It was such a pain in the ass. When my boyfriend gave up soda and started drinking tea too, I looked into getting an iced tea maker and it’s soooo easy! I put my water and tea bags in the morning while I workout and put it in the fridge before I leave for work. The whole process to make a pitcher of tea is about 5 minutes. I’m obsessed with my teas and now my iced tea machine.
* Victorias Secret Fleece Robe: I’m always fucking cold… yes, even in Tucson. I’ve been wanting a robe forever but they are always so pricey. These were more than half off for Black Friday so I took advantage and it’s just so amazing. I always have my robe on now and I’m not cold anymore.
* Victoria’s Secret Velvet Matte Lip Cream: I love a good pinky nude lip color but I’m not a fan of those drying super matte lipsticks that make your lips look like a butthole and feel gross after a few hours. This has the finish and longevity of the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream so I wouldn’t call it a true matte, but I love it. It lasts me all through work and lunch and it doens’t feel gross on my lips and the color is just perfect.
Those were some of my favorite products of December, have you used any of these? What were some of your favorites last month? Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by Nereyda (see all)
- Blog/Life Balance: How To Handle It All When There’s Not Enough Time in the Day - February 15, 2018
- This Book Was on Fire: Burn For You by J.T. Geissinger - February 14, 2018
- Nereyda’s January Favorites: Tacos, Tacos, Tacos! - February 6, 2018